What 13 great TV shows that nobody talks about but were really great and took a grip but didn’t reach the mainstream memes?
Well through a similar question from a subreddit Lensesview investigated and arrived at a list. Some tv shows pop up and just when they seem to be great they get canceled. Most cancellations point to low ratings and viewership.
But ultimately TV shows get canceled due to financial reasons: low viewership or low rating will lead to lower advertising or subscription revenue. This ultimately pushes the sponsors who invested money into a show for a profitable return.
- Counterpart – A hapless UN employee discovers that the agency he works for is hiding a gateway to a parallel dimension that’s in a cold war with our own, and where his other self is a top spy
- The Terror – This tv show only run for 2 seasons with each running 10 episodes
- The Knick – 2014-2015 – A look at the professional and personal lives of the staff at New York’s Knickerbocker Hospital during the early part of the twentieth century
- Mission Hill – 1999 -2002 – Its an adult animation depicting the misadventures of a group of disparate roomates who live in a hip neighborhood in a major city.
- Dead Like Me -2003-2004 – After being hit on the head by a toilet seat, a young temp clerk becomes a grim reaper in death.
- Pushing Daisies – 2007 – 2009. Morbidly sweet with incredibly beautiful art direction and set design. A pastry chef with the power to bring dead people back to life solves murder mysteries with his resurrected childhood sweetheart, a cynical private investigator, and a lovesick waitress
- Wonderfalls – 2004. 24-year-old loner B.A. Jaye lives in a trailer park and sells souvenirs in Niagara Falls. Animal figurines and dolls speak to her and force her to interact with people and try to help them.
- Orzak – 2017 – Martin Marty Birde and his wife Wendy Birde are interlectualy crazy. A financial advisor drags his family from Chicago to the Missouri Ozarks, where he must launder money to appease a drug boss
- You are the Worst -2014-2019. Hilarious and incredible with a perfect cast. Centers on two toxic, self-destructive people who fall in love and attempt a relationship
- Miracle Workers – 2019. A comedy set in the offices of Heaven Inc. When God plans to destroy the Earth, two low-level angels must convince their boss to save humanity.
- Eureka – 2006-2012. This was a warm uphug for scifi fans in the times when they started cutting budgets on scifi and moved to cheaper like paranormal ghost hunters and wrestling stuff.
- The Librerians – 2013-2918. A group of librarians set off on adventures in an effort to save mysterious, ancient artifacts
- Person of Interest – 2011-2016. Created by Jonathan Nolan and stars Jim Cavaziel, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman shows an ex-CIA agent and a wealthy programmer save lives via a surveillance AI that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. However, the details of the crimes, including the civilians’ roles, are left a mystery
You must log in to post a comment.