Dark mode or night mode is a color scheme that uses light-colored text, icons, and graphical user interface elements on a dark background
To enable dark mode on Google Chrome ensure you have Chrome version 74.0.3729.108 and if you don’t have it go to first step.
How to enable Chrome dark mode
- Download and install Chrome version 74.
- Write click the shortcut of Chrome on your desktop and add the –force-dark-mode to the end of Target location.
- Pin Chrome to task bar (if its already pinned remove it and pin it back
- Right-click the app button in the taskbar.
- Select the Pin to taskbar option.
- Right-click the app button again.
- Right-click the Google Chrome item and select the Properties option. …
- Click the Shortcut tab.
- Add this line at the end of the target box –force-dark-mode
- The launch Chrome
In the end the whole target line should look like this “C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” –force-dark-mode
Despite this progress dark mode for websites has a long way to go as most of the pages are defaulted to white background
The APIs for getting dark mode preference are still been polished. So it’ll take a little bit but all the big sites will have dark mode themes soon.
You must log in to post a comment.