How to build an android app to automatically block persistent calls
Especially for students looking to do a project here is the summary of how to build an android app to automatically block persistent calls.
With the advent of smartphones, communication has never been easier. Gone are the days of missing important calls because you were away from your landline phone whether at home or in the office. Now, with the convenience of mobile phones, we can stay connected at all times.
Mobile phones interrupt us even when we are having the most intimate of congenial time
Yes, with this constant connectivity comes the need for phone etiquette. We’ve all been in situations where we’ve been on an important call or working on an important task, only to be interrupted by a persistent caller. Maybe you’re giving a sales demonstration on your laptop and a friend calls to chat, but you don’t pick up because you don’t want to lose your internet connection. And then, as soon as you hang up, that friend calls back again and again.
If you’re tired of dealing with persistent callers or you have conceived of such a scenario, at Lensesview we have a solution for you. This is a project idea for students looking for their capstone or those looking to build an android app.
And in this summary, the android app to be built is aimed to block persistent calls that are made within a specific time frame with a specific response. Whether you’re in an important meeting, you’re feeling under the weather, or working on a deadline and want the most time to yourself, the proposed app should be built to ensure that you won’t be bothered by unwanted calls.
Exactly, this is a great idea for a student interested in android app development or anyone picking up to build an android app for fun. For starters, It requires some understanding of the android SDK and Java programming language but it’s a great way to make a difference in people’s lives.
Summary: How to build an android app to automatically block persistent calls
To create an android app that can automatically block persistent phone calls, you would first need to have a good understanding of the Android SDK and Java programming language. Here is a high-level overview of the steps you would need to take:
- Use the Android SDK to create a new project and set up the necessary files and structure for the app. For instructions to create Android SDK see this topic
- Use the TelephonyManager class to listen for incoming phone calls and determine the phone number of the caller. Follow these instructions in TelephoneManager class.
- Use a HashMap or ArrayList to store the phone numbers of callers who have called within a certain time period, for example, 10-30 seconds.
- When a new call comes in, check the caller’s phone number against the stored numbers to see if they have called recently.
- If the caller has called recently, use the Call blocking feature to automatically block the call.
- You may also want to include a user interface for the app that allows users to view and manage the list of blocked numbers.
Additional Notes On how to build an android app to automatically block persistent calls
- If you are planning to use the Call blocking feature you need to check if the device supports it.
- If the device doesn’t support the call-blocking feature you can look into other alternatives like blocking the call with the help of third-party libraries.
- If you are planning to publish the app in the Google Play store, you need to comply with the store’s policies.
It’s a complex project and requires knowledge of android SDK and Java but with help from all around the internet, this is a project that can take on no more time. As a student or IT pro just for the hobby, you can think of How to build an android app to automatically block persistent calls.
You must log in to post a comment.