Resetting HP Printer CM1415NFW
This blog post is about how to reset to factory defaults HP printer CM1415NFW. This printer has a weakness when some settings go wrong and the wireless connection just stops working. This actually brings me to my own experience.
For a while, I stayed connecting a perfectly working wireless-capable printer hooked to a USB port. No matter what I tried in troubleshooting I failed to connect the printer to the network through wireless.
This actually made a mess of things. Cables were scattered and dotted dirty around a cleaner perfect environment.
But thanks to MikeMo for providing a hint on the “Hard Reset” of this printer model HP Laserjet CM1415NFW.
After a few attempts, I learned the right trick for this task.
Attention: During this Hard Reset process you will lose all of your own printer settings (i.e. printer settings will be restored to factory default settings & admin [device security] password will be removed.
This is what if you are looking for then go ahead with the following steps.
- Switch off Printer’s power toggle switch (located on left side of the printer)
- When the printer switched off, look at the touch screen of this printer extreme left
- Extreme left side of the touch screen you will notice 3 icons areas [not visible as bright] as follows:
(a) ? – mark (located on upper side)
(b) > – right arrow mark (located in middle)
(c) X – mark (located on bottom)
- Touch & hold the area of (b) – do not release the hold
- Switch On printer’s power toggle switch now & still you should hold down the area of (b) in touch screen
- Once the touch screen shows “Storage Init” then release the (b) area touch
- Wait for couple of seconds
Now printer’s customer data is wiped including device security password.
You must log in to post a comment.