Samsung Galaxy S8 Storage Memory Full – How To Fix The Issue
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ sometimes has some weird memory issues. Despite the 64GB worth of allocation from nowhere the phone internal storage will report getting full after a small period use of the phone. Sometimes the issue points to some app you might have installed which is busy downloading content. Apps such as Podcast or Music app connected to cloud services.
But sometimes none of these above work out and instead just some weird big stuff seem to consume the memory and storage. Other option will be to wipe the partition cache and later reset the phone to factory settings. Here are the steps to resolve the issue through boot recovery mode.
How to Fix the Issues
Clearing Cache Partition By Using Recovery Mode
How to enter Recovery Mode on your device:
- Turn your device off
- Hold the Power, pixbay and Volume Up buttons. Let go of the buttons when you see an Android on screen.
- The device will load in Recovery mode. From this mode, you can select the option to clear the system cache.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate through the options carefully. Select ‘Wipe Cache Partition’.
- Click the power button to execute the action.
- Be careful NOT to select the ‘Wipe Data’ option, as this will cause your phone to reset to factory defaults and wipes your personal data on the phone.
- Wait for the script to finish (takes a few seconds)
- Select Reboot and press power button to execute.
The advantage of Clearing partition cache is: Deleting Cache partition will not erase any personal data or settings on the device, just the temporary cache files.
Clearing using Settings
- Go to Settings, tap Storage, and you’ll be able to see just how much space is being used by the partition under Cached Data.
- To delete the data: Tap Cached Data, and tap Okay if there’s a confirmation box.
If you bought Samsung Galaxy S8 not meant for Zambia region or South Africa then you are further doomed as the recovery boot will be in Chinese. Despite we have so many Chinese i bet you their will be very few to help you.
You must log in to post a comment.