Launch of Samsung Pay In Zambia -What is Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Samsung Electronics that lets users make payments using a mobile phones and other Samsung devices. The service supports contactless payments using near-field communications, but also supports magnetic stripe only payment terminals by incorporating magnetic secure transmission.
In countries like India it also supports bill payments
Samsung Pay allows you to turn your phone into your a wallet. Its not yet available in Zambia but worldwide it has gained a moment of interest.
Another App that work similar to Samsung Pay is the Apple Pay. Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that allows users to make payments in person, in iOS apps, and on the web. It is supported on the Apple various ecosystem of iPad, iPhone, Mac and Apple Watch.
However alternative payment methods using mobile phone in Zambia include Mobile Money. Mobile is widely used and record thousands of transactions in everyday.
READ MORE Mobile money makes favorite case of mobile payment method with Zamtel
Paying through a phone makes the electronic world much easier. At all times we are moving with a phone. So why add an extra card to your pocket when the transactions can be done on the phone. It is so easy, quick and seamless, this is the future.
With Samsung Pay the Following are available
• With Samsung Pay, add all your credit, debit, gift and membership cards to your devices.*
• Samsung Pay has partnered with American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard®, and Visa® payment card networks in conjunction with top U.S. banks.
• With an extra layer of security, each transaction with Samsung Pay is covered by your bank’s fraud protection and authentication via fingerprint, pin number or iris scan. Card’s information is encrypted in a separate and secure data vault.
• Samsung Pay is accepted at millions of places and works both in-store and in-app.
• Discover deals, gift cards, promotions and offers from thousands of local and national stores.
But worldwide Samsung Pay is available on our latest devices: Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 active, Galaxy S6, Gear S2 (with NFC.
When Will Samsung Pay in Zambia
In South Africa Samsung Pay is aligned with ABSA. Users can make payments by tapping their smartphone against a card machine.
Note 8 S9 and S9+
S8 and S8+
S7 & S7 Edge
Galaxy A8 (2018)
Galaxy A5 and A7 (2017 and newer) August 2018.
Unfortunately Samsung Pay in Zambia will not work and Samsung Electronics have no specifics about its launch. Because of this i had an opportunity of contacting regional chat and here was the answer.
"Am in Zambia and looking at the Samsung Pay app. Kindly share when will it be available (Samsung Pay in Zambia)." "Kindly be advised that there is no information in regards with the Launch date of Samsung Pay in Zambia."
You must log in to post a comment.